Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Crocheted Star Ornaments


You can make these using yarn if you'd like, but I had a bunch of jute twine and liked the look of it for these ornaments. I used an "I" hook and my stars are 2&1/2" with a 3" tie.

First, make a magic ring (aka magic circle, disappearing circle, ajustable ring) and leave a 6" tail. All that is, is the circle you make when starting a slip knot but instead of tightening it like you would with a slip knot, you crochet into it. This way you don't have to make a circle out of chains and there's not a big hole left afterwards because when you're done you tighten it.

Next, make 5 single crochets in the circle, slip stitch to finish that row then chain 3x and single crochet in 2nd chain from hook. Now half-double-crochet in next and slip stitch in next then repeat until you have 5 points on your star. Take your tails from starting and finishing and weave them to one of your points then use them as your tie. I love when I can avoid weaving in the ends :)

Questions are always welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...